An affordable, quality TESOL/TEFL certification program that will prove to be an investment resulting in priceless benefits in the near future
Your adventure to an amazing world full of peoples, cultures, and countries can start right in Boston! As an English Teacher abroad or in the U.S., you can travel, make new friends, and have an experience of a lifetime while helping students of the English language achieve their dreams and goals. Our TESOL courses offer certificates and diplomas as an English Teacher. We are confident that our program will empower you with the skills and qualifications you need to be an effective teacher.
Highlights of Our Program
- Small class setting
- Practicum – start teaching during your second week!
- Job placement consulation
The mission of Language Skills TESOL program: to provide an excellent training program to aspiring teachers of English as a second language who share our dedication to language teaching.
Our TESOL Program provides students with a solid foundation in the English language so that pedagogical and research questions related to teaching, learning, and assessment of English as a second or foreign language may be formulated, examined, and solved. More specifically, the TESOL program helps students develop strategies, firmly grounded in theory, research and practice, to teach ESL in the US, or to teach EFL internationally. The program emphasizes study in the following areas:
Congratulations on taking the first step towards becoming certified in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). We are proud to offer certification to aspiring instructors who share our passion and dedication to teaching.
Teaching English as a second language is both an art and a skill. It takes practice and hard work. You will be challenged to understand and explain the technical aspects of the language. You will also create exciting and learning how to teach English as a second Language will change the way you think about language and the world. The field of ESL education is replete with financial, adventure, and social opportunity. There are many jobs domestically and internationally.
English is the world language, and governments all over the world subsidize English education, giving you a marketable skill in almost every country in the world. Even teaching English in the United States is a wonderful chance to meet people from all over the world. You will meet people who will become your friends for life. Empowering a student with the ability to communicate in English is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world. We hope you are as excited as we are about this first step towards one of the most fascinating and satisfying careers in the world.
Over the course of the next six weeks, you will learn about the different types of learners, theories of language acquisition, lesson planning, resume building, cultural awareness, introductory linguistic theory, and grammar. You will get real teaching experience and direct job assistance. By the end of this course, you will:
- have a strong understanding of the history and differences of second language teaching methodologies;
- be able to plan and implement effective lesson plans for students of all levels;
- be able to build rapport with students and manage the classroom to maximize student communication, lower student affective filter and increase acquisition;
- have in depth knowledge of the structure of English, including grammar, phonology, and semantics;
- be able to assess and provide feedback to students of all levels.
In order to receive your TESOL certification, you will:
- attend all classes on time and well prepared;
- participate actively in all workshops;
- submit all grammar worksheets and response papers on time;
- complete an ESL lesson plan portfolio;
- complete a minimum of 6 hours of observation of ESL classes;
- complete 10 hours of practicum teaching;
- have an overall grade above 70%.
Upon successfully completing the TESOL program, you will receive a 120-hour TESOL certificate.
Detailed breakdown of 120H program:
60H TESOL foundation theory and practice
24H Pedagogical grammar workshop
10H Practicum teaching
6H Real class observation
Our course incorporates practicum training. This provides new teachers the initial hands-on experience of working with an experienced ESL professional in a real classroom setting.
Job Placement Assistance
Your course will include a one-on-one career counseling session. Our faculty members have first-hand experience working overseas and are a great resource to ask about the TESOL experience.
Monday through Thursday evenings
6 weeks of 4H/day, from 6:00pm to 10:00pm
- February 4, 2013 to March 15, 2013 – This class is now closed for enrollment
- May 6, 2013 to June 14, 2013 – Enrolling Now
- July 15, 2013 to August 23, 2013 – Enrolling Now
- September 30, 2013 to November 8, 2013
- November 11, 2013 to December 20, 2013
$100 Registration Local (books included)
$150 Registration F1 (books included)
Tuition can be divided into 2 installments of $1000 each.
Full tuition needs to be settled within the first half of the program.
- If student is not native English speaker, we request equivalent to 69 in TOEFL iBT, an 83 on the Michigan EPT or completion of Language Skills level 6 core skills class;
- A $200 tuition deposit is require for student who request I-20 from school to enter on F1 visa status.
- Student must follow Abroad Application steps when requesting I-20 from school.